2017 Soldier Field Parking Program for Chicago Bears Games
You may bypass the Random Selection Process and purchase Millennium Garages season parking passes now for 2017 Bears games at Soldier Field. The Millennium Park Garage, 5 South Columbus, offers complimentary shuttle bus service to and from Soldier Field for each Bears game. The pick-up and drop-off location for the shuttle to and from Soldier Field and Millennium Park Garage is identified on the map below*.
*Shuttle service is only provided from the Millennium Park Garage (see map).
The cost to purchase ten (10) season parking passes for Bears games at Soldier Field during the 2017 NFL season at the Millennium Garages is $300.00, plus a $16.50 Administrative Service Fee.
Early Bird Special – If you buy your season parking passes prior to July 6th , your cost for 10 games will only be $275.00 plus a $16.50 Administrative Fee. This limited time offer represents a huge savings as compared to day of game rates of $35.00 or more.
Once your purchase is complete, the parking passes will be emailed to you directly. The passes will provide parking for each of two (2) pre-season games and each of eight (8) regular season games. Your passes do NOT include the parking cost for any potential post-season games. In the event the Bears host a post-season game (or games), additional payment will be required for these games. We will advise all season parking pass holders of playoff parking payment options (cash, credit card, online, etc.) in advance of any home playoff game.
Additional 2017 Soldier Field Parking Program for Bears Games Information
· Accessible parking spaces for the physically challenged are available. Parking in accessible spaces for the physically challenged requires a current government issued physically challenged parking vehicle license plate or hang tag that is issued to an occupant of the vehicle. The complimentary shuttle service is available for the physically challenged.
NOTE: Accessible parking at all Parking Program facilities also requires the driver of the vehicle to present the correct parking pass for each specific facility and for each specific game to the parking facility attendant. Patrons without the correct parking pass will not be permitted to enter that specific parking facility.
· The complimentary shuttle bus program operates only between Soldier Field and the Millennium Park Garage. Service will begin operating four (4) hours before kick-off and continue until two (2) hours after the end of the game (to and from lot only).
· If parking passes become lost or stolen, please call Parkmobile at 1-866-296-3568. Parkmobile will deactivate the lost or stolen passes, charge your credit card a non-refundable replacement fee of $30.00 and email you replacement passes. They will make every effort to assist you.
NOTE: Anyone presenting lost or stolen parking access card at a game is subject to criminal prosecution.
· SP+ GAMEDAY (an SP+ company) reserves the right to change (i) the parking facilities of this program, and (ii) parking space assignments, where circumstances beyond their reasonable control make such facilities or spaces located within such facilities unavailable for parking.
· If you have any additional questions regarding this program, please call the Parkmobile Customer Service Hotline at 1-866-296-3568. For parking specific questions, call the Millennium Garages at 312-616-0600 or www.millenniumgarages.com
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How will I receive confirmations and communications from Parkmobile? All program updates and confirmations from Parkmobile will be emailed to the email address that was provided when registering for the program. Consequently, an applicant’s email service must allow them to receive emails from parkmobileglobal.com. There is no alternative to program registration and receiving program notifications other than via email.
2. How are disabled patrons' parking needs addressed? Each parking facility has designated parking spaces for persons with disabilities. If you are assigned to park at the Millennium Garages, you may ride a free accessible shuttle bus to and from the Garages and Soldier Field. Shuttle bus service will begin four (4) hours before kick-off and continue until two (2) hours after the game ends. For more information about the accessible shuttle bus program, please call SP+ GAMEDAY at the Soldier Field Parking Holine at 312-235-7724; or call the Millennium Garages at 312-616-0600.
3. Is tailgating allowed? While you are welcome to eat a cold meal or snack in any of the Millennium Garages, doing so in the park is much nicer. Grills, flames, or fire or any type are not allowed in any of the Millennium Garages.
4. Are there any facilities in the Parking Program for Bears Games at Soldier Field that offer single game rather than season parking passes that I may purchase? Yes. There are normally a number of single game parking passes at some of the Parking Program facilities that may be purchased in advance of the game. For more information regarding the availability of pre-paid single game parking passes, please visit the MG website at www.millenniumgarages.com or Parkmobile website at: http://soldierfield.clickandpark.com/For information on other game day parking alternatives, please visit the Chicago Bears at: www.chicagobears.com/tickets-and-stadium/fan-services.html.
5. What happens if my parking access card is lost or stolen? Please call the Parkmobile Customer Service Hotline immediately. Parkmobile will deactivate the lost or stolen parking passes and charge your credit card a non-refundable replacement fee of $30.00 and email you replacement passes.
6. I still have more questions, whom can I call? Please call the Parkmobile Customer Service Hotline at 1-866-296-3568; or for parking information, please call the Millennium Garages at 312-616-0600 or www.millenniumgarages.com .
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
a. The cost of season parking in 2017 for the ten (10) games (8 regular season and 2 pre-season games) is $300.00 ($275.00 if purchased before July 6th). In addition to the $300.00 parking cost, you will be charged a $16.50 Administrative Service Fee. When you register and purchase season parking a charge of $316.50 for the cost of season parking and the Administrative Service Fee will be applied to your credit card at that time.
b. Your season parking cost does NOT include the parking fees of any potential post-season games. In the event the Bears host a post-season game (or games); additional payment will be required for these games. We will advise all season access card holders of playoff parking payment options (cash, credit card, online, etc.) in advance of any home playoff game.
c. If you contact Parkmobile to report a lost or stolen parking access card, the card will be deactivated and will not be able to be used to enter the assigned parking facility. Replacement of a lost access card will be processed for a non-refundable replacement fee of $30.00.
d. SP+ GAMEDAY, Parkmobile or Millennium Garages management do not guard or assume care, custody or control of your vehicle or its contents and is not responsible for fire, theft, damage or loss. The parking patron alone is responsible for the parking and locking of their vehicle. SP+ GAMEDAY, Millennium Garages, and Parkmobile only provide a license to park; and no bailment is created.
e. The parking offered in this program is a revocable license. Any unruly behavior, failure to comply with the Parking Policies or the Chicago Bears Fan Code of Conduct, or illegal activity may lead to the revocation of this license.
f. Parkmobile reserves the right to re-assign the parking privileges of the Millennium Garages parking pass holders to other parking facilities at its sole discretion.
g. Any duplication or fraudulent use of a parking access card that is detected after a vehicle has entered the Millennium Garages may result in the appropriate and all related charges being applied to the credit card used to purchase the valid access card. Parkmobile will notify the customer via email of any additional charge that is applied to their credit card. This fee for services rendered is non-refundable.
Patrons must park in marked stalls. Patrons cannot buy or save parking spaces for late arriving patrons. Backing into parking stalls is not permitted.
Hours of Operation and Access
The complimentary shuttle bus program operates only between Soldier Field and the Millennium Park Garage. Service will begin operating four (4) hours before kick-off and continue until two (2) hours after the end of the game (to and from lot only).
In and Out Parking Privileges
In and out parking privileges are not permitted.
The following are not allowed in any Parking Program enclosed parking garages or open-air lots:
- Advertising banners or displays
- Disorderly conduct
- Oil-based deep fryers
- Deep frying, or any oil-based cooking or frying
- Picketing or political campaigning
- Tents or canopies of any size
- Tethered blimps, balloons or other oversized inflatables
- Weapons or fireworks
- Fire pits
- Unmanned aircraft systems (drones)
- Sale or distribution of any unauthorized items and services – including merchandise and alcohol
In any of the enclosed/underground parking facilities, and in the lower level of the Waldron Deck, grills /open fires are not permitted.
Tailgating is not allowed in any of the Millennium Garages. Grills and fires of any type are strictly prohibited in all the Millennium Garages. For patrons’ safety, oil based deep fryers, tents and canopies are also prohibited in all Soldier Field Parking Program for Bears Games parking facilities. While the Chicago Park District may permit picnics in parklands, alcohol is not allowed. Open containers of alcohol are not permitted on the Millennium Park Garage shuttle.
Vehicles parking in Parking Program garages are subject to a security search by authorized personnel who may be accompanied by a canine unit.
CHICAGO BEARS FAN CODE OF CONDUCT
Help stop UNBEARABLE fan behavior! For a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience, fans are required to abide by the team’s Code of Conduct. Please use the link provided to review the code: www.chicagobears.com/tickets-and-stadium/code-of-conduct.html.
To report UnBEARable fan behavior, texts “BEARS”, followed by a space, and describe the issue and location where assistance is needed to 69050, or fans may call (312) 235-7999. This service is available three hours pregame to one hour post game.
SP+ GAMEDAY manages the parking and on-site traffic operations at Soldier Field and the Museum Campus. We ask that patrons be respectful of the neighborhood surrounding Soldier Field. Most of the area is “Residential Zone" parking and is subject to citation. For additional information, please call the SP+ GAMEDAY Customer Service Hotline at (312) 235-7724; or visit www.chicagobears.com/tickets-and-stadium/fan-services.html soldierfield.net or soldierfieldparking.com.