For Bears games, please be aware of the NFL Bag Policy and other gameday information by visiting https://www.chicagobears.com/game-day/coming-to-the-game/.
For Chicago Fire FC match day information visit https://www.chicagofirefc.com/matchday/.
May 16, 2022 10:00 AM CDT - May 27, 2022 10:00 PM CDT
2022 Soldier Field Parking Program for Chicago Bears Games
Premium Parking Renewal
You previously reserved Premium Parking passes for Bears games played at Soldier Field. You may now register to purchase your Premium Parking passes for the 2022 Chicago Bears season. The deadline to renew your Premium Parking passes for this season is 10:00 p.m. (CDT) on Friday, May 27th. The 2022 Premium Parking pass process is similar to the one that was used in the Soldier Field Parking Program for Bears games for the 2021 season.
The cost of season Premium Parking at the South Lot, the East Museum Lot, the Adler Lot, and the Burnham Harbor Lot for the ten (10) Bear home games – including one (1) pre-season game and nine (9) regular season games is $1,100.00, plus an $18.50 Administrative Service Fee (a total cost of $1,118.50). When you log into the Parkmobile web site and renew your season Premium Parking Passes, a charge of $1,118.50 will be applied to your credit card at that time. You will receive an e-mail from Parkmobile confirming your purchase once the purchase process has been completed.
When you register to renew your Premium Parking passes for this season, the website will ask you to identify your preferred Premium Parking lot. Parkmobile will endeavor to reassign you to park at the facility that you requested, but if they are unable to do so, you will be assigned to the same facility where you parked in 2021. In early June Parkmobile will send an e-mail notification of lot assignment to customers that have renewed their Premium Parking passes for this season.
Premium Parking customers should receive a link to your twelve (12) parking passes by the middle of July. Pass customers will need to print the appropriate pass and bring that pass with them to each game. The twelve (12) parking passes will include one (1) pass for a pre-season game, one (1) pass for each of nine (9) regular season games, one (1) pass for a possible Conference Playoff game and one (1) pass for a possible Conference Championship game.
Your season Premium Parking cost does NOT include the parking cost of any potential post-season games. In the event the Bears host a post-season game (or games); additional payment will be required for these games. We will advise all season parking pass holders of playoff parking payment options (cash, credit card, online, etc.) in advance of any home playoff game.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. May I choose to park at the same facility where I parked during the 2021 season? Yes. If you renew your season passes for Premium Parking you may choose to park at the same facility where you parked in 2021. When you register for your Premium Pass renewal just select the parking facility where you parked in 2021.
2. May I request to park at a different facility from the one that I parked at during the 2021 season? Yes. You may request to be reassigned to park at any of the other four (4) facilities where Premium Parking is currently available. Due to space limitations we may not be able to fulfill all lot reassignment requests. The renewal and purchase of Premium Parking is currently available at the South Lot, at the East Museum Lot, at the Burnham Harbor Lot, and at the Adler Lot. Simply select the parking facility of your choice during the registration process.
3. If I requested to be reassigned to a specific facility during the purchase process and I am later notified that my request was not fulfilled, will I still have Premium Parking privileges at the same facility where I parked during the 2021 season? Yes. We will endeavor to reassign you to park at the specific facility that you requested; but if we are unable to do so, you will be assigned Premium Parking privileges at the same facility where you parked in 2021.
4. If I decline or fail to respond to this offer by the 10:00 p.m. (CDT) deadline on Friday, May 27th, may I still register to participate in the Random Selection Process? Yes. Letters informing Bears season ticket holders about when they may register to enter the process that randomly selects Bears season ticket holders to be eligible to purchase season parking passes at the Adler Lot, the North Garage, the South Lot or the Waldron Deck will be distributed on Friday, May 27th.
5. How will I receive notifications and communication about my Premium Parking privileges? Parkmobile will send all notification and announcements about your Premium Parking privileges via e-mail to the e-mail address that was provided when you purchased your season parking passes. Therefore, a registrant’s e-mail service must allow them to receive e-mails from parkmobileglobal.com. The only way to purchase Premium Parking is via e-mail. Parkmobile will only send messages about Premium Parking via e-mail.
6. How will I know which facility I have been assigned to park at and when will I be notified? Parkmobile will send an e-mail to Premium Parking customers notifying them of their lot assignment during the first week of June.
7. When will the season Premium Parking passes that I purchased be mailed? You should receive an e-mail with a link to your parking passes and a map with routing directions specific to your assigned parking lot during the mid-part of July.
8. Are ADA accessible parking spaces for the physically challenged are available at all Soldier Field Premium Parking lots? Yes. Parking in accessible spaces for the physically challenged requires a government issued disabilities license plate or placard that is issued to an occupant of the vehicle. Complimentary golf cart shuttle service to and from the parking facilities and the stadium is available for the physically challenged.
9. What happens if my Premium Parking passes are lost or stolen? Call the Parkmobile Customer Service Hotline at 866-296-3568. Parkmobile will deactivate the lost or stolen parking passes, charge your credit card a non-refundable replacement fee of $30.00, and promptly e-mail replacements to you. Mismanagement or improper duplication of parking passes can lead to revocation of your season passes and/or make you ineligible for future parking programs.
10. Who may I call if I have other questions? Please call the Parkmobile Customer Service Hotline at 866-296-3568; or for parking specific questions, please call the Soldier Field Parking Hotline at (312) 235-7724.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
a. The cost of season Premium Parking passes in 2022 for ten (10) games (9) regular season and (1) pre-season games) is $1,100.00. In addition to the $1,100.00 parking cost, you will also be charged an $18.50 Administrative Service Fee.
b. Once the 2022 Season Premium Parking Renewal program is complete a link to twelve (12) Premium Parking passes will be e-mailed to you during the mid-part of July. The twelve parking passes will include one (1) pass for a pre-season game, one (1) pass for each of nine (9) regular season home games, one (1) pass for a possible Conference Playoff game and one (1) pass for a possible Conference Championship game.
c. The $1,100.00 season Premium Parking cost does NOT include the Premium Parking cost for a potential Conference Playoff game or for a potential Conference Championship game. In the event the Bears host a Conference Playoff game or the Conference Championship game, additional payment will be required for these games. We will advise season parking pass holders of playoff parking payment options (cash, credit card, online, etc.) in advance of any home playoff game.
d. If you contact Parkmobile to report lost or stolen Premium Parking passes, the passes will be deactivated and will not be able to be used to enter the assigned parking facility. Replacement of a lost parking pass or parking passes booklet will be processed and e-mailed for a non-refundable replacement fee of $30.00.
e. SP+ GAMEDAY (an SP+ company), Parkmobile and Stadium Management do not guard or assume care, custody or control of your vehicle or its contents; and are not responsible for fire, theft, damage or loss. The parking patron alone is responsible for the parking and locking of his or her vehicle. SP+ GAMEDAY and Parkmobile only provide a license to park; and no bailment is created.
f. SP+ GAMEDAY (an SP+ company), reserves the right to change (i) the parking facilities of this program, and (ii) parking space assignments when circumstances beyond their reasonable control make such facilities or spaces located within such facilities unavailable for parking.
g. Mismanagement or improper duplication of parking passes can lead to revocation of your season passes and/or make you ineligible for future parking programs.
h. The parking offered in this program is a revocable license. Any unruly behavior, failure to comply with the Parking Policies or the Chicago Bears Fan Code of Conduct, or illegal activity may lead to the revocation of this license.
Oversized Vehicles / Limousines
Cash parking is available at the Adler Planetarium Lot, on a first-come, first-served basis for $150. Oversized vehicles (bus, camper or any vehicle that does not fit inside the lines of one designated regular-size parking space) can be reserved at the Adler Lot for $160 plus a $5 transaction fee by visiting SoldierField.ClickAndPark.com. When available, buses and RVs can also park at the 31st St. McCormick Place Lot B for $80.
Parking Passes are required to park in all Premium Parking areas. For easy identification, game day parking passes must be displayed on the front dashboard of all vehicles as you approach the stadium, and remain displayed while parked in the facility. Only Bears season ticket holders are eligible to purchase season parking passes. Due to space limitations, no season ticket holder may purchase more than one (1) season parking passes booklet for any of the Soldier Field and Museum Campus parking facilities.
Hours of Operation and Access
All Soldier Field and Museum Campus parking facilities will open four (4) hours prior to kickoff. All of these parking facilities will close two (2) hours after the conclusion of a day game or immediately after the conclusion of a night game. These parking facilities may close earlier at the discretion of Stadium Management and the Chicago Park District.
In and Out Parking Privileges
In and out parking privileges are not permitted.
Tailgating is allowed on all Soldier Field Parking Program surface parking lots (East Museum Lot, South Lot, Adler Lot, Burnham Harbor Lot, and Family Friendly lots south of the Adler Planetarium); on the upper level of the Waldron Deck; and on the 31st St. and Moe Dr. Lot (Lot B) Southwest Facilities at McCormick Place.
Party set-ups and grills may not impede access to parking spaces or the safe flow of vehicles and pedestrians through the facility drive-lanes. Grills and open fires are strictly prohibited in all enclosed and/or covered parking areas (North Garage, lower level of Waldron Deck, Lakeside Center Underground Garage – Lot C – of the Southwest facilities at McCormick Place, and at all underground Millennium Garages). For patrons' safety, oil based deep fryers, tents and canopies are also prohibited in all parking facilities included in this program.
While the Chicago Park District may permit picnics on the parklands, alcohol is not allowed. Patrons must adhere to all Chicago Park District rules and ordinances.
Tailgating both during games and after night games is prohibited at all Soldier Field Bears Parking Program facilities. Tailgating is also prohibited after day games at the 31st Street and Moe Drive Lot (Lot B) of the Southwest Facilities at McCormick Place. There is no tailgating after night games. Lots/garages will close immediately once cars have exited.
Vehicles parked in Parking Program open-air lots and garages are subject to a security search by authorized personnel who may be accompanied by a canine unit.
The following are not allowed in the Parking Program enclosed parking garages or open-air lots:
▪ Advertising banners or displays
▪ Disorderly conduct
▪ Consumption of alcohol in lots designated as family friendly
▪ Deep fryers or any old baised frying
▪ Picketing or political campaigning
▪ Saving parking spaces
▪ Tents or canopies of any size
▪ Tethered blimps, balloons or other oversized inflatables
▪ Weapons or fireworks
▪ No drinking games
▪ Open fires, open flame heateres, fire pits, and propane heaters are not permitted
▪ Propane tanks larger than 19 lb. capacity
SP+ GAMEDAY reserves the right to revoke parking pass privileges in any case where a patron or a patron’s guests engage in rude, disorderly or offensive behavior.
CHICAGO BEARS FAN CODE OF CONDUCT
Help stop unBEARable fan behavior! For a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience, fans are required to abide by the team’s Code of Conduct. Please use the link provided to review the code.
To report unBEARable fan behavior, fans may send a text message to 815-880-1920 and describe the issue and location where assistance is needed; or fans may call 866-296-3568. This service is available three (3) hours pregame and one (1) hour postgame.
SP+ GAMEDAY manages the parking and on-site traffic operations at Soldier Field and the Museum Campus. We ask that patrons be respectful of the neighborhood surrounding Soldier Field. Most of the area is “Residential Zone" parking and is subject to parking violation citation. For additional information, please call the SP+ GAMEDAY Customer Service Hotline at (312) 235-7724; or visit www.chicagobears.com/game-day/az-guide for the Gameday A-Z Guide, soldierfield.net or soldierfieldparking.com.